The annual Merchant Acquirers’ Committee (MAC) Conference is exclusively dedicated to educating individuals responsible for risk mitigation and regulatory compliance. Attendees will hear professionals discuss ways to manage and mitigate portfolio risk by leveraging the proper technology, techniques, and industry shared best practices. Delegates will look through the eyes of experts into the future of fraud and risk trends in the payments industry. MAC leads the industry in addressing and combating acquiring risk. Although the focus is risk management, the MAC conference attendees include CEOs, marketing executives, and many other senior leaders. Risk has become everyone’s business in today’s regulatory times.
With budget restrictions and reduced staff, it is sometimes difficult to justify attending a conference, despite the many demonstrated benefits of attendance. Below are helpful tips and an example letter to justify the expense and your time away from the office.
Benefits of Attending
The MAC Annual Conference includes risk and underwriting content for Acquirers, Processors, Acquiring Banks, ISOs, and Card Brands.
Day 1 - Regulatory Compliance A day of sessions of in-depth discussions from industry leaders and regulatory agencies, timely news, and information that will arm you with the knowledge to keep your organization compliant.
Day 2 - Threats, Trends & Updates Every organization in our industry faces similar threats. We'll spend the day sharing information, discussing new threats, and helping to strengthen each other and face any looming storms.
Day 3 - Tactical MAC What new systems and tools can help guide you to safety? What new technology will bring value-added features to your customers?
Tips & Talking Points
Here are some tips and talking points that you will want to consider when making your request to attend the MAC Annual Conference. Focus specifically on what you will bring back to the organization. Before you discuss benefits, build a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the annual MAC Conference. The following are widely appreciated benefits of attending the annual MAC Conference:
- Networking with other risk professionals in the acquiring space where you will discuss tools, technologies, and processes to mitigate risk.
- Comprehensive, time-intensive learning environment with ample networking events to meet your peers in the industry and share best practices.
- Professional development training at the MAC Conference will provide you with the knowledge and tools to better understand acquiring with an emphasis on risk management.
- The annual MAC Conference offers 1 CPE credit for every 50 minutes of your attendance at the conference toward your ETA Certified Payments Professional education status.
- The content is appropriate for acquiring businesses of all.
- Over 300 people attend and participation grows year over year.
- Materials and artifacts:
- Offer to deliver a short presentation and Q&A to your colleagues to share what you've learned. That way others in your organization will get the benefits of your attendance, too.
- Share the speaker handouts with your peers.